- This event has passed.
Doundrins STEM Days – Agricultural and Biological Engineers organization
April 30 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
(STEM = Science Technology Engineering Math) This is a summertime educational monthly event for kids to learn about a variety of new things! Children must have a chaperone present at all times. Free to participate, all ages welcome!
For the first event, April 30 (exact start time TBD), we will have students from UW Madison’s Agricultural and Biological Engineers organization (ASABE) out with some really exciting things to show the kids. They will have 5 different stations for kids to roam amongst freely throughout the timeframe they are here. The activities that they have planned are:
1) Table for soil and water pH testing with home test strips & info about why this is important
2) Table to display our UAV (we can show the controls and thermal camera that has an interactive display)
3) Table for a tactile demonstration about soil and how different cover has different effects on water quality
4) Table about the anatomy of popcorn kernels and how a popcorn cooker works (with demonstration and popcorn 😊)
5) Light up quiz board for interactive testing of what they learned
**They intend to focus on how all of these things are related to Wisconsin agriculture (with reference to corn as an example crop) and what Bio Systems Engineers study.**